Paint Sales Assistant
- Do you have strong retail experience and a professional attitude?
- Join a highly respected, Australian family-owned business that's grown to be a national leader - and is still expanding!
- Competitive wage + superannuation
About the Organisation
With a history stretching back over 85 years, Haymes Paint is a true Australian success story; and whilst their colour palettes and can labels may have changed with the decades, their commitment to quality has remained the same. Now in their fourth generation of family ownership, they haven't slowed down on bringing new and better products to the market, always looking for new advances or opportunities for innovation. Their values of Truth, Passion, Integrity, Respect and Listening and Learning are reflected in everything they do.
From its humble beginnings in 1935, Haymes has grown from a small paint manufacturer, selling to the local Ballarat community, to Australia’s largest manufacturer of premium brand paints, finishes, and protective coatings. Their products aren't available in the big, corporate hardware stores, choosing instead to sell through independent retailers, where they can trust that the quality of personal service and advice matches the quality of their products - after all, it's their name and reputation on the can.
About the Opportunity
With the continuing growth of the business, Haymes Paint currently has an opportunity for an experienced Sales Assistant to join the team at their Mitchell (Canberra) Haymes Paint Shop store, working full-time across a 6-day, Monday to Saturday roster.
Reporting to the Store Manager, you will be responsible for providing a high level of customer service to both retail and trade customers.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Greeting customers and assisting with product selection;
- Tinting paint products to customer specifications;
- Providing service, support and professional advice to retail customers;
- Building strong, ongoing relationships with trade customers;
- Maintaining up to date product knowledge and advising customers via phone and face-to-face on Haymes Paint products;
- Assisting in inventory management and completing general merchandising tasks, including in-store displays and presentation; and
- Completing general store duties including POS control, opening and closing procedures and local deliveries where required.
* To accommodate Covid-19 guidelines, Haymes Paint has rearranged store layouts and are providing contactless pickups, to ensure the wellbeing of their staff and customers.
Haymes is looking for applicants with previous face-to-face retail sales experience, with any experience in a trade related role, working with paint or related products, seen as highly desirable.
A strong communicator and people person, you will be confident in your ability to establish rapport with a varied range of customers, from regular trades professionals to once-off retail customers, maintaining a professional attitude at all times as a customer-facing representative of Haymes Paint.
Your ability to work collaboratively as a member of a productive retail team, and provide expert advice and recommendations to customers will go a long way to ensuring your success, as will your ability to effectively manage the varied duties of the role.
You will also need a basic level of mathematical competency.
About the Benefits
Proudly family-owned and operated, Haymes offers the best of both worlds, with the strong commercial oversight and business skills to suite a national leader, without losing sight of what made that success possible - their staff.
Committed to ensuring each member of their team has the opportunity to grow with the business, it shouldn't be surprising that Haymes has fantastic staff retention, as they genuinely invest in each individual and encourage new ideas and innovation.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with an competitive wage and a range of benefits including:
- Corporate uniforms;
- Free on-site parking;
- Access to the Haymes Paint Employee Assistance Program;
To create positive customer relationships and join an Australian owned, national leader - Apply Now!