Network Security Specialist
About the Role
APNIC is the Regional Internet Registry for the Asia Pacific region. APNIC's specialist teams provide critical Internet resources, infrastructure and support both internally to APNIC staff and externally to the Asia Pacific Internet community.
The Security Specialist is a hybrid of roles: practitioner, advisor, researcher, educator, and consultant.
This role will be responsible for creating and leading the implementation of security and security-related strategies. Engagement will focus on collaboration and leadership within the Secretariat and within the technical community.
Ideally your background should include:
- Suitable formal qualifications in information systems, management information systems or computer science.
- Minimum of 10 years experience as an information security practitioner, including Internet, network, systems and information security
- Proven technical expertise in use of network defense technologies and forensic tools.
- Ability to command relationships as a trusted advisor as well as communicate on a detailed technical level with security analysts and engineers.
- Experience working with structured project management frameworks, such as PRINCE2.
- Experience in providing consultancy, advice and training services.
- Suitable professional certification (CISSP, CISM, CISA, PCI DSS QSA, ISO27001 Lead Auditor, MSCE, CCNA)
- Proven presentation skills, and experience as presenter or participant in technical/specialist security and/or law enforcement industry events.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including formal reporting, and ability to communicate effectively with non-technical audiences.
- Proven and effective team leadership and collaboration skills.
- Experience within, or working directly with, Law Enforcement Agencies related to network security and/or cybercrime
- Experience working within security community circles of trust, such as FIRST, IMPACT, NSP-SEC or CERT
- Work experience in an international organization.
- Work experience in a multicultural environment.
Working At APNIC
The APNIC team is as diverse as the Internet community itself. We represent a wide range of professional and cultural backgrounds, including more than 25 languages! APNIC team members enjoy flexible working conditions, ample opportunities for professional development and training, and other great benefits.
Learn more at: www.apnic.net
The APNIC office is based in Brisbane, Australia. We offer market related remuneration packages, and a diverse workplace with attractive benefits. To apply, please complete the application form below.
APNIC Jobs Announce Mailing List
Join our mailing list to be notified of jobs as they become available.
APNIC, the Asia Pacific Network Information Centre, is collecting personal information from you as part of the recruitment process. If you do not provide the personal information requested in this form, then APNIC may not be able to process your application.
- how you may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles by APNIC, and how APNIC will deal with such a complaint;
- how you may access the personal information held by APNIC about you, and seek the correction of such information.
APNIC is unlikely to disclose your personal information to any overseas recipient, although some of your personal information may be stored on secure servers located in Australia and Singapore.