Senior Network Engineer
About the Role
APNIC is the Regional Internet Registry for the Asia Pacific region. APNIC's Infrastructure Services team play a key role by maintaining computing and network infrastructure both internally to APNIC staff and externally to the Asia Pacific Internet community.
Reporting to the Infrastructure Services Manager the Senior Network Engineer is responsible for the design, deployment, configuration and management of APNIC's Network infrastructure to provide a predictable and highly available network. The Senior Network Engineer is also responsible for maintaining reliable and cost effective services to both internal and external customers of the network.
In order to do this the successful candidate must have strong project management, technical documentation skills and a sound working knowledge of managing risk.
Ideally your background should include:
A degree in computing science, IT or engineering and recognised industry certificates (CCNA, CCNP)
Knowledge of ISP operations, Internet address and routing management for multiple sites
- Knowledge of and experience of Internet security and risk management
- A Minimum of 5 years hands on network engineering experience and knowledge of:
- Commercial and public domain
- UNIX/derivative administration
- Cisco and other vendor routers and switches configuration and management
- Systems administration
- LAN and WAN routing of IP including HSRP, OSPF, and BGP for both IPv4 & IPv6
- Practical knowledge of network protocols such as: STP, VLans and 802. 1Q
- Practical experience with Firewall, Load-balancer and VoIP technologies
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Working At APNIC
The APNIC team is as diverse as the Internet community itself. We represent a wide range of professional and cultural backgrounds, including more than 25 languages! APNIC team members enjoy flexible working conditions, ample opportunities for professional development and training, and other great benefits.
Learn more at: www.apnic.net
The APNIC office is based in Brisbane, Australia. We offer market related remuneration packages, and a diverse workplace with attractive benefits. To apply, please complete the application form below.
APNIC Jobs Announce Mailing List
Join our mailing list to be notified of jobs as they become available.