About the Role
APNIC is the Regional Internet Registry for the Asia Pacific region. The Communications Manager is responsible for managing the Communications Unit (excluding the Events staff). The role is responsible for creating and delivering planned communications campaigns, using a variety of media, to develop newsworthy and compelling content for the Asia Pacific Internet community.
The successful candidate will work extensively with APNIC subject matter experts, their counterparts in other Regional Internet Registries, and members of the international Internet community.
To be successful in this role, as a seasoned professional, your background should include the following:-
- Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant communications discipline
- 8-10 years of communications and/or public relations experience
- Demonstrated experience in creating and delivering planned communications campaigns over a period of time which address a specific issue or topic
- Experience of B2B media relations, and running multi-country campaigns
- Demonstrated experience in social media and experience running integrated communications campaigns with a mix of traditional and social media elements
- Exceptional writing skills and ability to adapt style e.g. business, informal and technical
- Sound knowledge of, or a strong interest in, computer technologies, networking and the Internet
- Proven track record in leading/managing a team
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team to liaise with a wide range of people
Working At APNIC
The APNIC team is as diverse as the Internet community itself. We represent a wide range of professional and cultural backgrounds, including more than 25 languages! APNIC team members enjoy flexible working conditions, ample opportunities for professional development and training, and other great benefits.
Learn more at: www.apnic.net.
The APNIC office is based in Brisbane, Australia. We offer market related remuneration packages, and a diverse workplace with attractive benefits. To apply, please complete the application form below.
APNIC Jobs Announce Mailing List
Join our mailing list to be notified of jobs as they become available.
APNIC, the Asia Pacific Network Information Centre, is collecting personal information from you as part of the recruitment process. If you do not provide the personal information requested in this form, then APNIC may not be able to process your application.
- how you may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles by APNIC, and how APNIC will deal with such a complaint;
- how you may access the personal information held by APNIC about you, and seek the correction of such information.
APNIC is unlikely to disclose your personal information to any overseas recipient, although some of your personal information may be stored on secure servers located in Australia and Singapore.