About the Role
APNIC is the Regional Internet Registry for the Asia Pacific with more than 4,000 members from across the region. Our vision is a global, open, stable, and secure Internet that serves the entire Asia Pacific community.
We require a Software Engineer who is ambitious; someone who has a desire to grow and develop their skills, has a passion for technology, is willing to take on new challenges, and work with other like-minded individuals in a cohesive team environment.
While the successful candidate's role is to work within the software engineering unit, their function spans across the organization and beyond. They will collaborate internally with other APNIC subject matter experts and stakeholders, and externally with their counterparts in other Regional Internet Registries, and members of the international Internet community.
This role offers the candidate the chance to grow and develop their technical, business and interpersonal skills. They will have the uniquely exciting opportunity to be involved in the development of a new platform built around a message bus and employing techniques such as event sourcing in an effort to improve on our current MVC-style approach. The new software architectural platform, implemented in Java, will ultimately reshape the way the team develops and supports APNIC software systems.
The successful candidate will be working with other talented and seasoned software engineers, willing to support their growth and understanding of this new architectural direction, yet willing to listen to new ideas and fresh perspectives.
What We'll Need From You
- A passion for technology and a love of learning
- A team player with a desire to work with other highly skilled and motivated people
- At least 3 years of Java development experience, but more importantly, a talent for coding well
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A quick learner who's not afraid to ask questions
- A positive attitude with a knack for getting things done
- The fine print:
- Experience in Java and the core Java libraries is critical
- Understanding of Web Services e.g. XML, REST and SOAP
- Database design and implementation skills
- Code management techniques (e.g. Git, Mercurial, SVN)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and Internet applications, addressing structures and schemes
- Nice to have: Perl, C++, C, design patterns, message middleware e.g. AMQP and JMS, OSGi with Apache Karaf, distributed deployment environments, SOA
What You'll Get From Us
- A competitive market related remuneration package
- A modern and open office environment
- Great opportunities for professional development
- And for the sensibly minded... salary continuance insurance, leave loading, and lots more
The APNIC office is based in Brisbane, Australia. To apply, please complete the application form below.
APNIC Jobs Announce Mailing List
Join our mailing list to be notified of jobs as they become available.
APNIC, the Asia Pacific Network Information Centre, is collecting personal information from you as part of the recruitment process. If you do not provide the personal information requested in this form, then APNIC may not be able to process your application.
- how you may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles by APNIC, and how APNIC will deal with such a complaint;
- how you may access the personal information held by APNIC about you, and seek the correction of such information.
APNIC is unlikely to disclose your personal information to any overseas recipient, although some of your personal information may be stored on secure servers located in Australia and Singapore.