About the Role
APNIC is the Regional Internet Registry for the Asia Pacific with more than 4,000 members from across the region. Our vision is a global, open, stable, and secure Internet that serves the entire Asia Pacific community.
The APNIC training team supports Internet growth and development in the region by providing technical training, capacity building and educational services. The team works to expand the capabilities, knowledge, and understanding of Internet network operators, engineers, managers, educators, and regulators to ensure they can make full and effective use of the Internet’s resources and appropriately apply relevant technologies and techniques.
The Training Manager is a senior role responsible for developing, managing and facilitating APNIC's external training program for APNIC members and other interested parties, ensuring these activities support the needs of APNIC members.
As an experienced training professional your background should include practical experience in the following:-
- A proven track record in designing, developing, delivering and evaluating IT training programs, both in the class room and online;
- A knowledge of adult learning and IT training principles;
- Experience in various training methodologies and media;
- Knowledge of the following areas of the Internet: routing, DNS, security, Internet resource management and IPv6;
- Demonstrated experience in building and leading training teams;
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong verbal and written English language skills;
- Willingness and availability to undertake regular overseas travel.
Working At APNIC
The APNIC team is as diverse as the Internet community itself. We represent a wide range of professional and cultural backgrounds, including more than 25 languages! APNIC team members enjoy flexible working conditions, ample opportunities for professional development and training, and other great benefits.
Learn more at: www.apnic.net
The APNIC office is based in Brisbane, Australia. We offer market related remuneration packages, and a diverse workplace with attractive benefits. To apply, please complete the application form below.
APNIC Jobs Announce Mailing List
Join our mailing list to be notified of jobs as they become available.
APNIC, the Asia Pacific Network Information Centre, is collecting personal information from you as part of the recruitment process. If you do not provide the personal information requested in this form, then APNIC may not be able to process your application.
- how you may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles by APNIC, and how APNIC will deal with such a complaint;
- how you may access the personal information held by APNIC about you, and seek the correction of such information.
APNIC is unlikely to disclose your personal information to any overseas recipient, although some of your personal information may be stored on secure servers located in Australia and Singapore.