About the Role
APNIC is the Regional Internet Registry for the Asia Pacific region. The Communications Director will be responsible for leading the integrated communications and public relations activities of APNIC. The role will build and mentor a team that will have a significant impact on the quality and reach of APNIC’s communications.
Primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Ensuring the effective communication of organisational messages and overall consistency of the corporate image, which is evident in all media and outreach events
- Collaborating with other senior professionals in setting and driving organisational communication strategies, programs and campaigns
- Setting clear goals and objectives for the Communications Area in line with organisational objectives
- Coordinating all of APNIC's external communications and developing measurement criteria to effectively evaluate communications programs
- Directing the communications function to ensure that key messaging is accurate, current and consistent across all media, and that opportunities for community engagement are maximized across all media possibilities, leveraging online media wherever possible
- Overseeing communications and promotional campaigns for APNIC outreach events to maximize community participation
- Providing guidance and support to all APNIC departments on communication priorities and messages
- Acting as executive editor of the APNIC website and publications, ensuring that content is compelling, relevant and where possible, newsworthy
- Guiding the development and use of tools such as document management and customer relationship management systems and processes
- Representing APNIC as a senior spokesperson as required
To be successful in this role, as a seasoned professional, your background should include the following:-
- Tertiary qualifications (pref post graduate) in a relevant field including journalism, communications, public relations, marketing, business communications or similar
- Previous work experience with an ISP, Internet, or related environment, which has facilitated an understanding of the present 'Internet administrative' environment, Internet community issues and concerns, and interested and affected parties
- Articulate understanding of computer technologies, networking, and the Internet and associated issues, in order to identify newsworthy opportunities
- Comprehensive knowledge of media operations and the release of thematic information for publication
- Expertise in the field of public relations, i.e. previous agency experience, or experience in managing external agencies to accomplish expected results
- Ability to develop communication strategies in collaboration with a diverse team encompassing technical content owners and non-English speaking contributors
- Demonstrated expertise in both creating, and managing the production of, corporate and promotional materials for publication across a range of media
- Demonstrated use of digital and social media for corporate communications, including best practice knowledge of online communities and portals, search engine optimisation and other digital marketing tools
- Work experience in an international, multicultural environment, including, for example, the management of international campaigns ; a demonstration of sensitivity to the needs of different cultures; Asia Pacific language skills; experience in producing material for a non-English speaking audience
- Experience with content management and customer relationship management systems
- Previous experience in overseeing tradeshows and events
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to build consensus
- The ability to handle multiple projects under time and resource pressure
- People management experience, combined with the ability to manage a team’s output with focused attention to detail and quality
- The willingness and ability to work both strategically and at a tactical implementation level when necessary
- The ability to travel occasionally as required
Working At APNIC
The APNIC team is as diverse as the Internet community itself. We represent a wide range of professional and cultural backgrounds, including more than 25 languages! APNIC team members enjoy flexible working conditions, ample opportunities for professional development and training, and other great benefits.
Learn more at: www.apnic.net.
The APNIC office is based in Brisbane, Australia. We offer market related remuneration packages, and a diverse workplace with attractive benefits. To apply, please complete the application form below.
APNIC Jobs Announce Mailing List
Join our mailing list to be notified of jobs as they become available.