Software Engineer (Java Specialist)
About the Role
APNIC is the Regional Internet Registry for the Asia Pacific region. APNIC's software team provides critical computing and network support both internally to APNIC staff and externally to the Asia Pacific Internet community.
The role will be responsible for working with the existing team, as they complete the project to move from a Perl based development platform into a Java based development platform. Working to an agile methodology the successful applicant must demonstrate a strong technical background, good communication skills and an ability to work as part of a team.
Ideally your background should include practical experience in the following:-
• Bachelor of Information Technology or Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
• 10+ years software development experience, including but not limited to:
- 5+ years experience of Java and core Java libraries
- Significant experience of other languages e.g. Perl, C++, C and C#
- Enterprise integration development and patterns
- Message middleware e.g. AMQP and JMS
- SOA with understanding of Web Services e.g. XML, REST and SOAP
- Database design and implementation skills
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum, XP, Kanban)
• Demonstrated ability to work on multiple platforms (e.g. Unix/Linux, SQL databases, etc.)
• Knowledge and use of code management techniques (eg. Git, Mercurial)
• Knowledge of TCP/IP and Internet applications, addressing structures and schemes
• Ability to handle multiple complex projects simultaneously and to adapt to changing priorities
• Familiarity with user-interface design and information architecture
• Experience in modifying and supporting complex, high performance and high availability systems
• Strong communication (both verbal and written) skills and problem solving skills
• Strong time management skills including an ability to set, monitor, and communicate deadlines
• Project work experience
• Strong ability to effectively recognize, research and analyze new technologies
Working At APNIC
The APNIC team is as diverse as the Internet community itself. We represent a wide range of professional and cultural backgrounds, including more than 25 languages! APNIC team members enjoy flexible working conditions, ample opportunities for professional development and training, and other great benefits.
Learn more at: www.apnic.net
The APNIC office is based in Brisbane, Australia. We offer market related remuneration packages, and a diverse workplace with attractive benefits. To apply, please complete the application form below.
APNIC Jobs Announce Mailing List
Join our mailing list to be notified of jobs as they become available.