Trainee - Information Services Support Officer
Between $30,926 - $48,114, traineeship wage dependent on year out of school
Temporary Full-Time (24 months)
Are you ready to join our team and build Australia's best regional community?
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council, our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community. In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centered on our core values. To be a Council that is customer-focused, respectful, and prides itself on teamwork, diversity, sustainability, and innovation. Uniquely positioned north of Brisbane in Queensland, Australia, the Bundaberg Region is one of Australia’s fastest-growing regional cities and the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. The Bundaberg Region boasts the most equitable climate in Australia and rates fifth in the world alongside Hawaii. Noted for its environmental excellence, pristine waterways, and proximity to the Great Barrier Reef, the Bundaberg Region showcases everything that nature’s palette can create.
About The Opportunity
Your role as an IS Support Officer Trainee is to support Council’s Information Services Team by learning and developing Information Technology skills through on the job learning, and completing the Certificate III in Information Technology. The role requires using these skills to deliver helpful and efficient technical support throughout all of Council. Duties include providing on-site and telephone-based support for Council's PCs, Laptops, printers; configure and install PC equipment, software, printers, and other IT equipment as required; action IT requests and incidents using industry-standard Service Desk applications; and complete assigned tasks in line with agreed service levels, providing a high level of customer service.
- Ability to successfully complete the traineeship - Certificate III in Information Technology
- Successful completion of Senior High School Certificate is preferable
- Information Technology related subjects undertaken throughout schooling is highly desirable
- A genuine interest, enthusiasm, and passion for a career within the Information Technology industry
- Previous work experience in a customer service environment is highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Ability to learn Council work practices, policies, procedures, and guidelines
What We Offer
- A traineeship remuneration salary, generous superannuation, 17.5% leave loading
- 36.25 hour working week, regular rostered days off, including long weekends
- Opportunities for professional development and training to enhance your career progression
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance and a friendly and supported team
The Selection Process
The preferred candidate will be required to undertake a National Police Clearance as part of the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Closing Date: COB Monday 17 August 2020 AEST
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to receiving your application.